Saturday, March 17, 2012

My New Camera

Isaiah got me a new camera for my birthday. I'm not much of a photographer, and we've never had a really great camera, just something to take basic pictures. However, since Christmas I've been in love with the Nikon 1, but figured I didn't need something that ridiculous. In any case, he surprised me and I love it! I've become a firm believer in having the right tools can really make up for lack of skills - case in point golf equipment and now this.
Isaiah took this picture of me in the backyard. I think it turned out pretty good. I'm actually pretty happy and proud of it because I'm never in a picture all by myself. Typically, I'm the one taking the pictures or have other family members in the photo.
Here's Rachel at a friends house. I can't believe how great the camera brings out how beautiful her skin is!
We went to Granite City Brewery in Wichita for my birthday. We had not been before, but I had heard good things about it. The most fantastic part were all the friends that made it a priority to come and spend my birthday with me. I'm so appreciative and thankful to have met so many wonderful people while here in Kansas.
Rachel had spent the afternoon outside (see previous picture), so she was a little wind worn and sweaty by the time we got to the resturant. I've been waiting for the perfect time to put her in this sailor dress, but I still didn't get a very good picture. Maybe I can try and take a better one in the next few weeks.
I really like this photo. I''m so happy that Rachel likes it when I kiss her.

No comments: