Friday, August 10, 2012

Ruth - 6 weeks old

My baby girl is 6 weeks old today.
She has started really making eye contact and smiling at me. She had a pretty bad case of erythema toxicum (basically baby acne), but it is finally starting to clear up. She has been sleeping really well during the day and at night and the breastfeeding is still going really well. She can get pretty fussy when she goes more than 3 days without pooping, but I'm sure we'd all be a little fussy too.
Most nights she only gets up twice between 9 and 6, one night she even blessed me with one get up, but thankfully most of the time we're both back in bed again beween 30 minutes to an hour.
I'm loving spending so much time with her and can't wait for her to do other things, but at the same time I am trying to cherish how little she is now. Rachel is starting to like being a big sister more each day, but still wants her mommy time and can get upset if she doesn't get it. So I'm still learning to juggle them both, but it is getting better and easier.

No comments: